Between annual Decision Camps, we run Monthly Online Sessions. Here is the list of old and upcoming DecisionCamp Monthly Sessions with recordings available from our YouTube channel:
- 2021-10-12: TBA
- 2021-09-13 – 2021-09-15: DecisionCAMP 2021 Recordings
- 2021-06-09: “Performance of a Large Decision Table Deployed as a Microservice” presented by Dr. Bob Moore, JETset Business Consulting.
There have been a number of solutions submitted to February’s decision modelling challenge. This talk inspired by the solutions to the challenge, looks at some aspects of managing large decision tables, considering the comparative performance of various solutions and suggesting things one should consider when trying to come up with an optimal approach when dealing with large decision tables. Read more Recording
- 2021-05-05: “Compression of Redundant Rules and Other Logical Optimizations” presented by Seth Meldon, Progress Corticon.
When migrating to an enterprise BRMS from an existing tool for maintaining business logic, implementers will often be given a specification of business rules to work from that replicate the design patterns used in the legacy tool. This can result in replicating logical problems and inefficiencies in the BRMS. This talk, inspired by the demonstration of one of these capabilities (compressing over 16,000 rules into just over 1000) in the February decision modeling challenge, discusses the ways that Progress Corticon BRMS helps rule modelers to catch these logical inefficiencies in the design phase. Recording
- 2021-04-07: “Machiavelli: How should an aspiring prince use rules, decisions and processes?” presented by John Svirbely and Denis Gagne, Trisotech.
“The Prince” from Machiavelli was meant as an instruction guide for new princes and royals. But what if Machiavelli had the benefit of modern modeling tools to capture his teachings? Join us as we revisit Machiavelli’s “The Prince” using unambiguous terminology and rules to define and automate decision and process models. Armed with an automated set of decision services, any layman can aspire to become a Prince. Recording
- 2021-03-10: “Practical decision modelling in an Agile environment” presented by Nick Broom. “Agile has been the buzzword across companies and domains for years now and focusing on the early delivery of value and ‘pivoting’ has become even more important given the past 12 months. So how does decision modelling fit with Agile practices? How can a complex decision model be developed iteratively so that it realises value as early as possible? How does a user story and its acceptance criteria relate to a decision model? This presentation aims to tackle these questions in practical terms using real-world examples.“
- 2021-02-10: “Decision Governance“, presented by Larry Goldberg, Sapiens Decision. “Today we understand that decisions made in business systems at scale determine not only the financial success of each organization, but indeed its very character. Consequently, governance over the design, testing and deployment of those decisions becomes critical to the success of the enterprise. This talk discusses the principals of governance in Sapiens Decision, and the means for its implementation.“
- 2021-01-19: “Kogito: Cloud-native Business Automation“, presented by Mario Fusco and Matteo Mortari, Red Hat. They presented practical examples how to build cloud-native event-driven business applications using Kogito, a new framework based on Drools, jBPM, OptaPlanner, and integrated with Quarkus – watch recording
- 2020-11-05: “Building lightweight composable process applications using rules + workflow“, presented by Dipo Majekodunmi, Solution Architect at ProcessMaker Inc.
who demonstrated how to build and run a credit evaluation process using ProcessMaker + OpenRules decision services connected via REST API calls.
- 2020-10-07: “Binding Text and Logic using Accord Project Templates“, presented by Dan Selman, CTO at Clause, Inc.
- 2020-09-04: “Self-Learning Decision Models“, presented by Jacob Feldman, CTO at OpenRules, Inc.
- 2020-07-29: “Best Practices for Regressing Testing Decisions“, presented by Carole-Ann Berlioz, Chief Product Officer at Sparkling Logic.
- 2020-06-29 – 2020-07-01: DecisionCAMP 2020
- 2020-06-25: Baljeet Singh. Managing Decisions for Workflows
- 2020-06-12: Carole-Ann Berlioz. Best Practices: Making Decisions
- 2020-05-29: Dr. Bob Moore. NIM – An Adventure in Machine Learning
- 2020-05-22: Rulesmatix LABS Decision Services Testing Framework
If you want to present, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes:
- Brief Abstract.
Join DecisionCAMP Live Channels at: