Recreational Fee Solutions
A city has created a decision table to determine appropriate usage fees for its recreational facilities based on length of usage and when the usage occurs:
The city also has the following behavioral business rule:
A senior citizen must not be charged a recreational fee for use of facilities.
Please submit your implementations of this problem using your favorite BR&DM tools.
P.S. While this challenge looks very simple we recommend you to read Ron Ross’s article “What Happens When Behavioral Business Rules and Decision Logic Collide?” from which this example was borrowed. After we receive enough solutions, we will ask Ron to provide his comments.
Solutions: Ron Ross: Response to the Provided Solutions
- Camunda – submitted by Dr. Bob Moore
- DMN DRD – submitted by Martin de Villiers
- DMN DRD – submitted by Gary Hallmark
- OpenRules – submitted by Jacob Feldman
- Solution 1 – Apr-2019
- Solution 2 – Oct-2019 (addresses Ron Ross’s concerns)
- Microsoft Flow and Trisotech – submitted by Nick Broom
- DT5GL – submitted by Jack Jansonius
You must be logged in to post a comment.