Vacation Days Advanced Solutions
The notorious problem “Vacation Days” was originally proposed by Prof. Jan Vanthienen. In 2016 it was used as our Oct-2016 Challenge that received 20 different solutions. This month we offer our readers an advanced version of the same problem:
Every employee receives vacation days according to the following rules:
- Every employee receives at least 22 vacation days.
- Employees younger than 18 or at least 60 years, or employees with at least 30 years of service can receive extra 5 days.
- Employees with at least 30 years of service and also employees of age 60 or more, can receive extra 3 days, on top of possible additional days already given
- If an employee has at least 15 but less than 30 years of service, extra 2 days can be given. These 2 days can also be provided for employees of age 45 or more.
- A college student is eligible to 1 extra vacation day.
- If an employee is a veteran, 2 extra days can be given.
- The total number of vacation days cannot exceed 29.
Send your solutions to DecisionManagementCommunity@gmail.com.