Decision Table for Vacation Days Calculation Solutions Analysis
This month we want to ask DM vendors or their consultants to submit decision tables that represent the following business logic:
This problem was offered by Prof. Jan Vanthienen who is one of the best known experts in decision tables and a member of the DMN Task Force. Send your best possible design of the proper decision table with a few comments if necessary. Then we will ask Prof. Vanthienen to provide his comparative analysis of different submitted representations along with his explanations of what constitutes a good decision table.
Send your solutions to DecisionManagementCommunity@gmail.com.
Solutions (shown in order of submission) Analysis by Prof. Jan Vanthienen
- OpenRules – submitted by Jacob Feldman from OpenRules
- DMN – submitted by Gary Hallmark from Oracle
- Corticon – submitted by Michael Parish from Progress
- Trisotech – submitted by Mélanie Gauthier from Trisotech
- Avola – submitted by Jordy Voesten from Avola
- Blueriq – submitted by Maarten Schadd from Blueriq
- RapidGen – submitted by David Durant from RapidGen
- IBM ODM – submitted by Emmanuel Bonnet from Softeam Cadextan
- FlexRule – submitted by Arash Aghlara from Pliant Framework
- Drools with DMN – submitted by Edson Tirelli from RedHat on Jan-2017
You must be logged in to post a comment.