Monkey Business Solutions
This month challenge problem is borrowed from the PuzzlersParadise:
Mrs. Robinson’s 4th grade class took a field trip to the local zoo. The day was sunny and warm – a perfect day to spend at the zoo. The kids had a great time and the monkeys were voted the class favorite animal. The zoo had four monkeys – two males and two females. It was lunchtime for the monkeys and as the kids watched, each one ate a different fruit in their favorite resting place:
- Sam, who doesn’t like bananas, likes sitting on the grass
- The monkey who sat on the rock ate the apple. The monkey who ate the pear didn’t sit on the tree branch
- Anna sat by the stream but she didn’t eat the pear
- Harriet didn’t sit on the tree branch. Mike doesn’t like oranges.
Question: Can you determine the name of each monkey, what kind of fruit each monkey ate, and where their favorite resting place was?
Send your solutions using any BR&DM tool (or none) to DecisionManagementCommunity@gmail.com.
- Progress Corticon – submitted by Michael Parish
- JSR331 – submitted by Rick Schreiber
- OpenRules – submitted by Jacob Feldman
- SQL – submitted by Damir Sudarevic
- cDMN – submitted by Simon Vandevelde
- CPLEX – submitted by Alex Fleischer
You must be logged in to post a comment.