A new free tool called “IceTeaReplacer” can be very useful for doing search & replace in multiple Excel files. Here is a functional description from their website:
IceTeaReplacer is a simple, yet a powerful tool to search inside multiple Microsoft’s Office Word (doc, docx), Excel (xls, xlsx) files within a directory (and it’s subdirectories) and replace provided phrase. Options available:
- Perform search before replacing
- Match whole word only
- Ignore word case
- Do backup before replace
- Deselect files on which you don’t want to perform replace.
Here is an example of its graphical interface:
It would be nice if the product would also:
- show names of worksheets, numbers of found occurrences and optionally their coordinates (row:col)
- open a worksheet with the found word and allow navigation through multiple occurrences
- not to force to close Excel before “Search”.
Anyway, we want to thank the author of this simple but very useful tool.
You must be logged in to post a comment.